Upvas Sabudana Vada RecipeSabudana Vada is a recipe, which is generally prepared during fast, but it tastes so good that whenever you feel to eat something special, you can make it
To make Sabudana Vada at home for 4 persons, we need following ingredients.
250 grams of Sabudana (Tapioca Sago)
3 big boiled potatoes
100 grams of Ground Nuts
2-3 chopped green chilies
½ katori chopped coriander
Fasting salt (as per taste)
1 pinch of black pepper powder (optional)
1 tea spoon of jeera
1. Soak the Sabudana in water and keep away for 20 minutes for livening
2. Roast the ground nut on low flame and grind coarsely in a mixer after peeling away the cover.
3. Mesh the potatos and mix them in the ratio of potatos, sago & roasted ground nuts in 1:1:1/2
4. Than add finely chopped coriander, green chilli, black pepper, chopped tomatos and fasting salt in the mixture and make it uniform.[sociallocker]5. Now make medium size balls from the mixture and press these balls to give them the shape of Vada.
6. Now deep fry the Sago Vada in oil at medium flame. [/sociallocker]
7. Serve these delicious Sabudana Vada hot with curd.[irp]
१.To make Sabudana Vada more cripsy, half fry them first, than after 10 mins re-fry them until they turn light brown.
2.Roast Groundnut until a chit-chit noise starts and the groundnut changes in color. But beware to roast Groundnut too much otherwise its taste spoils.